New Jersey and New York Reinsurance Lawyers
The reinsurance practice group at Marshall, Conway, Bradley, & Gollub P.C. advises major reinsurers and cedants in regulatory and contractual matters.
Respected New York and New Jersey Reinsurance Lawyers
Our clients have included the world’s leading reinsurers, major cedants, and advisors to the reinsurance industry. Our New Jersey and New York reinsurance attorneys have been involved in major reinsurance disputes in a variety of areas, including:
- Property and casualty losses
- Environmental insurance (CGL, XL, EIL, PLL, etc.)
- Medical insurance (small group, specific and aggregate and ADD)
- Completion bonds and business interruption insurance
- Reinsurance contract drafting and interpretation
- Advice on follow the fortunes and follow the settlement issues
- Advice on regulatory matters
- Aggregation and accumulation issues and disputes
- Arbitration and litigation
- Alternative dispute resolution and mediation
- Fraud and misrepresentation claims and defenses
- Bad faith claims
- Commutation and buy backs
- Claims handling and runoff
- Insurance receivership (liquidation, rehabilitation, conservation and international proceedings)
- Issues relating to the allocation of coverage among several cedants
- Advice on E-commerce issues
The need for reinsurance capacity has dramatically increased as a result of the recent business climate and world events. Overall exposure of insurance programs has grown substantially and the structures of facultative and treaty reinsurance arrangements, as well as clash, contingency, alternative risk transfer, retrocessional and other special coverages, have become increasingly complex. There has also been an increase in the number of disputes, claims arbitrations, and litigation involving ceding companies and their respective reinsurers.
The depth of our experience in reinsurance matters is further enhanced by our knowledge of insurance law issues related to insurance coverage, insurance disputes, environmental law, products liability, arbitrations, and complex litigation. As a result, the firm brings a wealth of skill, experience, and resources that allow us to develop creative solutions for insurers and reinsurers.
Our attorneys have addressed numerous legal issues related to reinsurance, such as allocation, accumulation, follow the fortunes, XPL, and ECO. In addition, our firm frequently assists reinsurers and cedants in connection with liquidation proceedings and bankruptcies. Through consultation, negotiation, arbitration, and litigation our firm is able to effectively and efficiently resolve any complex reinsurance matter.
Contact our Skilled New York Reinsurance Attorneys
Contact the New York or New Jersey Law offices of Marshall, Conway, Bradley, & Gollub P.C.. for assistance with any insurance defense matter. Our attorneys can be reached by phone at either our New York office (212) 619-4444 or our New Jersey office (201) 521-3170. We can also be contacted by e-mail or by filling out the intake form on our Contact Us page.
Our New York reinsurance lawyers represent national and multi-national insurance companies, as well as self-insured organizations with insurance matters in New York and New Jersey including the Bronx, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Manhattan, Queens, Hoboken, Newark, Atlantic City, Woodbridge, Elizabeth, New Brunswick, Holmdel, and East Rutherford, and all of Orange, Duchess, Sullivan, Rockland, Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Union, Middlesex, Monmouth, Mercer, Westchester, Nassau and Suffolk Counties.